Sunday, July 19, 2009

Disneyschmisney

I'm absolutely exhausted so I apologize in advance for any ridiculous errors or sentence structure(or lack thereof) in this post.

  • Last night was rockin! After dinner Pam and I went back to the Aldstadt or the Old City and met up with 10 or more people from our program. We went to 2 different Irish Pubs and had a blast. There was a big group of law students from Loyola at one of the pubs. Small world. Also found an LSU and Baton Rouge Rugby shirt at Murphy's Law Pub. More craziness.
  • Today began with my alarm clock going off at 7:30, rolling out of bed, grabbing my clothes, walking downstairs and running into our new guest at my host house, their son's girlfriend. I don't even want to think about what I looked like. It made me have flashbacks to when I met my freshman roommate's ENTIRE family (or so it seemed) when coming back from the shower in nothing buy my shower shoes and towel.
  • The group spent the day in the Salzkammergut, the lake district in Salzburg. Salt was their main source of income until the mid 19th century and this is where most of it came from. It was absolutely gorgeous! We went to Mondsee, St. Gilgen, St. Wolfgang and Halstatt. I took loads of pics and put them on facebook. Basically I no longer think that Walt Disney was creative. I'm pretty sure he just came over to Austria and copied the architecture and scenery here. It's bangin'
  • Apparently I am one of the 2nd place winners of the competition! I haven't seen the list, but have been told by many people. I almost peed my pants when I found out! I'm going to get to sing at some absolutely amazing places in Salzburg. I'll keep you guys updated. What amazing opportunities I'm having here!
  • Ich bin mude (no idea how to do the umlauts on my keyboard...anyone?) Basically, I'm really tired and am also learning some German. Ok, so barely any German, but it's more than I knew before I came here!

1 comment: